Part of the nature of businesses is change. Whether this is growth and expansion, or saving on costs, at some point in your journey through business you will need to think about relocating to a new office. No matter what reason for relocation is, the end product of actually relocating is always guaranteed. Figuring out where to begin with a task like relocation can be daunting, but with a bit of preparation you can turn your dreams into a reality. This guide is designed to help you get the ball rolling.
Moving to a new office can present a huge benefit to a company, motivating employees, exploring new business avenues, saving money and demonstrating growth. However, it can be a stressful experience without careful planning, so it is vital to explore the following points.
1. Why are you moving?
Firstly, you should consider whether office space relocation is really the most cost-effective measure you can take. A relocation can be difficult and a logistical nightmare without careful planning, so it is vital that you are sure that it is the right thing to do.
If you are upsizing, is the office still suitable for your company, and will it be beneficial. If you are downsizing, are you ensuring that you save the most money with carefully considered choices.
2. Where are you moving to?
Many companies across Broward will move to a bigger city to boost their growth, but many misunderstand the difference in economic climate and competition there. Is the new location suitable for business growth?
Before a move, it is important to check out the area for customer-base, as well as competitors in the area. Transport is also vital to consider for the benefit of the employees.
3. Who is leasing it to you?
Whilst the vast majority of office leasing companies are trustworthy and will ensure to give you the best deal, it is useful to research these firms beforehand, as well as consult with others to ensure that you get the best deal for your money.
4. IT & Services removal
Internet and telecommunication is vital for almost all companies, so it is important to organise the arrangements in the new office. Consult a removal company to see if it is possible to keep the same telephone number when moving offices, and ensure to set up all internet a few weeks beforehand, as it can often take a short time to install and optimise.
5. Notifying change of address
Set up a system to redirect sent mail from the old address to the new office. Send out e-mails to all contacts and ensure that all are aware of the planned move, as well as appropriate dates. If (as happened to another company) you are moving to a Broward office space, the last thing you want is all of your mail, furniture and hardware delivered to your old premises.
6. Time for relocation
You should plan for office relocation at least 6 months before the move (obviously this can vary depending on the size and location of the company) to ensure that you have more than enough time to address any issues and optimise your move.
If you require extra time, but are reaching the end of your current lease, you could move into temporary office space, so that you can continue business at your own pace but still continue with your planned move.
7. Company future
It is important to look at the length of your new lease and how this will affect your projections for growth, particularly if you are hiring new staff or creating new departments. Choose an appropriate lease term and always think about the future.
8. The small things
The smallest detail can become a headache in office relocation – ensure that you view the office and address every noticeable issue as soon as possible. Check the décor, the wallpaper and furnishings for any potential problems. It doesn’t hurt to be a perfectionist when you are relocating offices.
For more information on our Office Relocation Services Broward
- Where Do You Find The Best Rate Movers Broward
- For Office Relocation How Much Is A Moving Company Fort Laudedale
- What Are The Best Moving Company Prices Coconut Creek
- Who Are The Best Moving Companies Margate
- What Are The Best Moving Company Prices Miramar
- What Is The Cost Of Moving Company Furniture Cooper City
- How Can You Tell The Reputable Moving Companies North Lauderdale
- Who Is The Best Moving Company Coral Springs
- How Can You Tell The Reputable Moving Companies Oakland Park
- Moving Solutions – Finding Professional Moving Companies Dania
- Who Are The Best Moving Companies Parkland
- What Is The Cost Of Moving Company Furniture Davie
- Where Do You Find The Best Rate Movers Pembroke Park
- For Office Relocation How Much Is A Moving Company Deerfield Beach
- For Office Relocation How Much Is A Moving Company Pembroke Pines
- Moving Solutions – Finding Professional Moving Companies Plantation
- Professional Moving Services For Office Relocation Hallandale
- What Do Professional Movers Cost Pompano Beach
- Furniture Removal What Do Moving Companies Cost Hillsboro Beach
- Where Do You Find The Best Rate Movers Sea Ranch Lakes
- Where Do You Find The Best Rate Movers Hollywood
- For Office Relocation How Much Is A Moving Company Southwest Ranches
- Office Relocation – Use A Commercial Moving Services Lauderdale By The Sea
- How Much Does A Moving Company Cost Sunrise
- What Are The Best Moving Company Prices Lauderdale Lakes
- What Do Professional Movers Cost Tamarac
- Professional Moving Services For Office Relocation Lauderhill
- Moving Solutions – Finding Professional Moving Companies Weston
- What Are The Best Moving Company Prices Lazy Lake Village
- Who Has The Best Moving Service Wilton manors
- Furniture Removal What Do Moving Companies Cost Lighthouse Point
Commercial MovingMoving an office is not a piece of cake. It is stressful and challenging. This is because it involves both employees and leadership in the process. There are different levels of complexity when it comes to moving your office and most of them are, usually, unknown. When you encounter these complexities, stress, and chaos begins. If you want to make your office relocation smooth and stress-free, organisation of work is the key. By focusing on organising everything, you can facilitate a successful move. A good office move begins long before the actual moving day. You must keep in mind that it is not just the equipment, documents, files and furniture that you will move. This process will affect your employees and staff. Here are some of the tips that will help you to move your office successfully. Inform All After you have decided to relocate, the most important thing is to inform everyone about it. It is crucial that you keep your employees informed to avoid problems and conflicts. You must communicate it to them properly through emails, meetings or other effective modes of communication. Choose a relocation time and day after discussion with employees to keep it smooth. You must also inform your clients and other important parties about your relocation. Involve Your Employees Involve employees in the relocation process. This will not give you support and help you need but also gives them enough outlets of expression and interaction about relocation process and the new space. Build Stronger Communication Communication is very important if you want to overcome confusion and havoc. By focusing on strong communication, you can prepare your employees for the change and also help them overcome any fears regarding moving to a new place. Divide Responsibilities After discussing every aspect of relocation with your employees and explaining them the rationality behind the move, you need to divide responsibilities. Make small groups and assign them to work that they need to complete for relocation. Discuss new roles and responsibilities during the whole relocation process. Choose a Reliable Office Removalist Once you have finished planning your office relocation internally, it is time to seek some professional help. Trusted and reliable removalists help in making the whole relocation procedure smooth, fast and stress-free. Professional removalists help in adopting the right approach and carry out the whole process in right way. With latest equipment and resources, they can move your office without causing any damage or loss. Removalists are very helpful in case of office relocations as it reduces the chance of missing documents and other important things. This is possible due to the efficient planning and using right methods. Hiring a reliable and trustworthy office removalist in Sydney will cost you're a lot but it will be worth much more than what you actually spend. And it goes without saying that a removalist company takes the burden of stress off your shoulders.
The task of corporate relocation is overwhelming, more than residential relocations. Here are some tips to make your office moving a smoother activity.
- Be as time-efficient and as cost-efficient as possible. Moving an office means loss of valuable working hours. Minimize it by being efficient at every front.
- If you would hire corporate relocation services, do it as early as possible. Professional movers are, any way, essential for moving large offices if a company wants to save valuable hours of its employees. Its good to hire them before at least 5-6 weeks ahead of moving date so that they may plan well for the move.
- Planning is the mantra when you talk of effective performance. Plan out everything, create a floor plan. map out furniture and equipment placement scheme, decide about where the employees will be stationed at the new office and the like. A little more hard work here will save you a considerable amount of time, money and headaches in the long run.
- Inform everyone- employees, landlords, and movers, about every detail of the relocation process. Tell the hired office mover about where each piece of furniture needs to be placed.
- Ensure that you depute at least one person to be in contact with the movers and direct them according to the company needs. This person should be well versed about the requirements and must have approval about the new office layout. Changing the layout of the office later is not viable and not at all cost efficient.
- Ensure that each piece that needs to be moved carries color-coded packing labels. These labels should be placed prominently on the packed office goods so that movers know exactly where they have to be moved.
- Dispose of as much garbage as possible. If yours is a large company, you might need to have permission from responsible authorities about disposing off waste. Initiate the process early so that it completes before packing starts.
- Make sure that all the facilities at the new office are installed before moving. This will save wastage of time and work could be started as soon as employees move to the new office. Check Internet connection, working phones and fax, restrooms etc.
- Change your company stationery and business cards well in time. Place the new address and phone number, and circulate the information everywhere through every means. Mail them to your employees and clients. You would definitely not like to lose any of your customers just because you have changed your office address!
- For rented items, clarify whether you need to contact your supplier. There may be contractual obligations requiring the rented equipment be moved only by the owner company.
- Book the services of freight elevators, if any- both in old and new building. This ensures a rapid move.
Office Moving Companies
It most certainly happens to most of us that we tend to resist changes from our comfortable state to a new one. The same applies to when you plan to relocated to your new office; the time becomes clumsy and decision becomes difficult to make. The decision to move to a new office space in Newport Beach also becomes a bit difficult because of the disruption in ongoing business operations it may cause.
However, this may still be really important considering the prospects that the new office space at Newport Beach may offer for the prosperity of your business. Whatever may be the case; relocation to your office space must be backed up with proper and good enough reasons. Quite simply, it is really crucial to contemplate the reasons why anyone would consider relocating to a good but a different office space in Newport Beach.
Reasons can really be several; ranging from the prospects of growth directly due to the excellent connectivity the place may offer due to the location advantage. Also, the fact may well be that your old office had already run out of space and there were not possibilities of expansion there, which is not going to be the case with your new office space in Newport Beach if your selection was appropriate. With an appropriate selection of office in Newport Beach, you and your business may enjoy an unhindered growth wherein you can enjoy the benefits such as ready to move infrastructure, appropriate network access, working I.T. and communication equipments, ready concierge services, pre-existing furniture; everything at a cost much lower than what you could end up spending if you tried to renovate your existing old office.
For information on the other areas we cover with our Commercial Relocation Services