Part of the nature of businesses is change. Whether this is growth and expansion, or saving on costs, at some point in your journey through business you will need to think about relocating to a new office. No matter what reason for relocation is, the end product of actually relocating is always guaranteed. Figuring out where to begin with a task like relocation can be daunting, but with a bit of preparation you can turn your dreams into a reality. This guide is designed to help you get the ball rolling.
Moving to a new office can present a huge benefit to a company, motivating employees, exploring new business avenues, saving money and demonstrating growth. However, it can be a stressful experience without careful planning, so it is vital to explore the following points.
1. Why are you moving?
Firstly, you should consider whether office space relocation is really the most cost-effective measure you can take. A relocation can be difficult and a logistical nightmare without careful planning, so it is vital that you are sure that it is the right thing to do.
If you are upsizing, is the office still suitable for your company, and will it be beneficial. If you are downsizing, are you ensuring that you save the most money with carefully considered choices.
2. Where are you moving to?
Many companies across Miami Dade will move to a bigger city to boost their growth, but many misunderstand the difference in economic climate and competition there. Is the new location suitable for business growth?
Before a move, it is important to check out the area for customer-base, as well as competitors in the area. Transport is also vital to consider for the benefit of the employees.
3. Who is leasing it to you?
Whilst the vast majority of office leasing companies are trustworthy and will ensure to give you the best deal, it is useful to research these firms beforehand, as well as consult with others to ensure that you get the best deal for your money.
4. IT & Services removal
Internet and telecommunication is vital for almost all companies, so it is important to organise the arrangements in the new office. Consult a removal company to see if it is possible to keep the same telephone number when moving offices, and ensure to set up all internet a few weeks beforehand, as it can often take a short time to install and optimise.
5. Notifying change of address
Set up a system to redirect sent mail from the old address to the new office. Send out e-mails to all contacts and ensure that all are aware of the planned move, as well as appropriate dates. If (as happened to another company) you are moving to a Miami Dade office space, the last thing you want is all of your mail, furniture and hardware delivered to your old premises.
6. Time for relocation
You should plan for office relocation at least 6 months before the move (obviously this can vary depending on the size and location of the company) to ensure that you have more than enough time to address any issues and optimise your move.
If you require extra time, but are reaching the end of your current lease, you could move into temporary office space, so that you can continue business at your own pace but still continue with your planned move.
7. Company future
It is important to look at the length of your new lease and how this will affect your projections for growth, particularly if you are hiring new staff or creating new departments. Choose an appropriate lease term and always think about the future.
8. The small things
The smallest detail can become a headache in office relocation – ensure that you view the office and address every noticeable issue as soon as possible. Check the décor, the wallpaper and furnishings for any potential problems. It doesn’t hurt to be a perfectionist when you are relocating offices.
For more information on our Office Relocation Services Miami Dade
- How Can You Tell The Reputable Moving Companies Miami Dade
- Who Has The Best Moving Service Indian Creek
- What Are The Best Moving Company Prices Pine Crest
- Office Relocation – Use A Commercial Moving Services Aventura
- How Can You Tell The Reputable Moving Companies Kendall
- What Is The Cost Of Moving Company Furniture South Miami
- Office Relocation – Use A Commercial Moving Services Ball Harbour
- Where Do You Find The Best Rate Movers Key Biscayne
- Where Do You Find The Best Rate Movers Sunny Isles
- Who Are The Best Moving Companies Bay Harbour
- Who Is The Best Moving Company Medley
- What Do Professional Movers Cost Surfside
- What Are The Best Moving Company Prices Biscayne Park
- How Can You Tell The Reputable Moving Companies Miami
- For Office Relocation How Much Is A Moving Company Sweetwater
- Who Are The Best Moving Companies Carol City
- Moving Solutions – Finding Professional Moving Companies Miami Beach
- What Do Professional Movers Cost Universal Park
- Professional Moving Services For Office Relocation Coral Gables
- Office Moving Service – How To Find The Best One Miami Gardens
- Office Relocation – Use A Commercial Moving Services Virginia Gardens
- Professional Moving Services For Office Relocation Cutler Bay
- How Much Does A Moving Company Cost Miami Lakes
- For Office Relocation How Much Is A Moving Company West Miami
- Professional Moving Services For Office Relocation Doral
- Office Relocation – Use A Commercial Moving Services Miami Shores
- Who Is The Best Moving Company El Portal
- How To Survive An Office Relocation Naranja
- Furniture Removal What Do Moving Companies Cost Fisher Island
- Moving Solutions – Finding Professional Moving Companies North Bay Village
- Furniture Removal What Do Moving Companies Cost Florida City
- What Do Professional Movers Cost North Miami
- Professional Moving Services For Office Relocation Golden Beach
- How To Survive An Office Relocation North Miami Beach
- What Do Professional Movers Cost Hialeah
- How Much Does A Moving Company Cost Opa-Locka
- Office Moving Service – How To Find The Best One Hialeah Gardens
- What Do Professional Movers Cost Palmetto Bay
- Office Relocation – Use A Commercial Moving Services Homestead
- How Much Does A Moving Service Cost Perrine
The task of corporate relocation is overwhelming, more than residential relocations. Here are some tips to make your office moving a smoother activity.
- Be as time-efficient and as cost-efficient as possible. Moving an office means loss of valuable working hours. Minimize it by being efficient at every front.
- If you would hire corporate relocation services, do it as early as possible. Professional movers are, any way, essential for moving large offices if a company wants to save valuable hours of its employees. Its good to hire them before at least 5-6 weeks ahead of moving date so that they may plan well for the move.
- Planning is the mantra when you talk of effective performance. Plan out everything, create a floor plan. map out furniture and equipment placement scheme, decide about where the employees will be stationed at the new office and the like. A little more hard work here will save you a considerable amount of time, money and headaches in the long run.
- Inform everyone- employees, landlords, and movers, about every detail of the relocation process. Tell the hired office mover about where each piece of furniture needs to be placed.
- Ensure that you depute at least one person to be in contact with the movers and direct them according to the company needs. This person should be well versed about the requirements and must have approval about the new office layout. Changing the layout of the office later is not viable and not at all cost efficient.
- Ensure that each piece that needs to be moved carries color-coded packing labels. These labels should be placed prominently on the packed office goods so that movers know exactly where they have to be moved.
- Dispose of as much garbage as possible. If yours is a large company, you might need to have permission from responsible authorities about disposing off waste. Initiate the process early so that it completes before packing starts.
- Make sure that all the facilities at the new office are installed before moving. This will save wastage of time and work could be started as soon as employees move to the new office. Check Internet connection, working phones and fax, restrooms etc.
- Change your company stationery and business cards well in time. Place the new address and phone number, and circulate the information everywhere through every means. Mail them to your employees and clients. You would definitely not like to lose any of your customers just because you have changed your office address!
- For rented items, clarify whether you need to contact your supplier. There may be contractual obligations requiring the rented equipment be moved only by the owner company.
- Book the services of freight elevators, if any- both in old and new building. This ensures a rapid move.
How to Reduce Risks During an Office RelocationThe task of running a business office is regarded by many to be an overwhelming task. But have you ever thought how much more daunting it would be to get involved in office relocation management? Good thing there are services available to give a hand with office transfer chores. This article talks about the most important points to consider when picking the right office relocation management company. 1. Deal only with a licensed and certified firm. Just like with your other business dealings, you should ensure that your relocation company of choice is duly licensed in the operation of its business. The license should be valid not only where you're hiring the company but also for your office's relocation destination. It's also a good thing to go with an office relocation management firm that has DOT certification so that your property enjoys protection during the haul. 2. Look into the staffing and hiring policies of your prospective office relocation services group. Since the safety and security of your property are crucial, this is another important aspect to scrutinize when getting assistance with office transfer. Keep in mind that a company's hiring policies say a great deal about the quality of personnel who will be in charge of handling your office possessions, and how their performance is administered. 3. Check the availability and condition of equipment. You have to determine if the office relocation services company's tools are sufficient and fit for use especially for those key stages of your office move. Proper office relocation management means having access to all necessary equipment, as well as having backup and contingency measures handy in the event of emergency situations such as theft or mechanical failure. 4. Ensure your office property's protection with insurance coverage. Even the best mapped out plans can run into unforeseen snags, so you want to have a blanket of protection to cover your possessions in case something goes wrong. Getting the services of a fully insured firm should give you the security you need in this regard. 5. Reliable tracking of your relocation project's status. Being able to get updated information on how your office transfer project is going creates a sense of confidence about the whole affair. With communication features as cellular devices, satellite and GPS tracking now becoming standard in the industry, you can rest assured to always get up to the minute status of the movement of your property. 6. Look into the company's performance track record. This consideration should set your prospective company apart from its competitors. Experts in the industry normally keep a record of their performance which they use to showcase how reliable they are in getting their job done, so they should be able to instantly provide such proof upon your request. 7. Research on reputation. Office relocation management competence may be gauged by the kind of reputation that a company has established throughout its existence. There are plenty of references online where you can check how your potential pick has done business in the past. These include business social media sites that carry testimonials from past customers. Top companies will usually have a roster of business contacts from earlier periods, and you can always ask to have a look at this for reference. 8. Commitment to customer service. Any company that takes to heart its promise of genuinely serving customers will always be proud to highlight its customer service policies. This signifies serious commitment to establishing a relationship based on assurance and trust. Choosing the perfect company to give you a hand with your office transfer is a key element in exercising good office relocation management. It is not just about getting the job done, but more importantly, it is a manifestation of your competence in decision making. The points outlined above should serve you well in ensuring that you make the right choice and enjoy the fruits of a successful office relocation project.
For information on the other areas we cover with our Commercial Relocation Services