Moving Your Office – Best Tips to Know
There is no way you can plan an office move in Jupiter on your own. No matter how small the operation, you need someone by your side to assist you–even if that is a representative from your office mover. Identify which coworkers or employees will handle tasks associated with the move and which will focus on day-to-day operations. Establish teams in charge of specific tasks. Breaking up tasks into multiple teams enables you to get the help you need without reducing employee productivity. You should also determine a vendor liaison that will be in charge of correspondence with all vendors–including movers.
Work With a Reputable Office Moving Service
Relocating an office in Jupiter is a big job for most companies, but working with an experienced, skilled, and reputable office mover can significantly reduce the hassles and soft costs associated with moving yourself. A professional office moving service uses state-of-the-art equipment and innovative moving practices to help you move your office with as little interruption as possible.
You should also consider working with an office moving company that offers green disposal services, records management and storage, and secure chain-of-custody moving procedures for all of your files. The more services you can combine into one, the less resources and money you’ll spend.
If your company is planning an office relocation, you can count on Admiral Movers to help you complete every item on your office moving checklist. Admiral Movers is an experienced and reliable office mover that helps businesses-large and small-relocate their offices without opening the door to future liabilities.
Moving a large office takes professionals that know exactly what they are doing. You need a licensed and insured mover to ensure safety of people involved, and the safety of your office equipment. Organization is the biggest stress during an office move, because things have to go exactly where they belong. Even if something does get misplaced during the move, a professional company will be there to make sure everything is set right.
Office Moving Companies
Moving offices is a significant stage in a company's lifetime. It can signal growth, a change in direction and maturity. But if it isn't managed properly it can be a painful exercise so it's important to weigh up whether it's the right time to move.
One of the most common reasons for moving offices is business growth. Companies can simply out grow the space they're in. Upgrading to a bigger office space allows for a more productive environment and gives you the ability to increase workloads and staff levels. Likewise if your company is downsizing, then moving offices can be one of the simplest ways to reduce costs. There is no point spending money on office space that isn't needed. It may be wiser to have a shared office arrangement rather than leasing entire premises. This way your company is only paying for the space it uses and can share the costs of services such as reception facilities.
Like many business decisions moving offices can come down to finances. If your company isn't getting the maximum value out of your current lease, shopping around for a better deal can ultimately save money. Perhaps the landlord is putting up the rent but you feel that the costs aren't justified then a new premise may be a better financial move.
Outgrowing your office space may not only be an issue to do with size. As your company matures, its image can too. If your current office doesn't suit the look you are trying to achieve, then it may be time to relocate. This is particularly the case when you're working from home, it may no longer project the professional look you're after. It might be the case that you're holding more client meetings and it's no longer ideal to host them from your home office. It could also be that your current location isn't attracting the cliental that you're after. Simply moving offices could increase your client base.
When determining whether to relocate consider the positives and negatives of the move;
Costs - moving office can be expensive. It involves relocation costs as well as loss of productivity during the move. It's essential to plan the process, or seek professional advice, so that you're not losing business while you're moving.
Fitting out the new premises - particularly if the new office space is bigger than the previous one, you may not have all the appropriate furniture and IT infrastructure. This is where a serviced office may provide the best solution. The space is work-ready without your company having to bare the brunt of the costs.
Upheaval for staff - a new location may not be desirable for all members of staff and could lead to employees having to leave the organisation. Discuss the move with key staff members and see if alternative arrangements can be made such as flexible hours.
Cost efficiency - leasing office space that doesn't meet all your requirements can leave you paying for things you don't need. A new office gives you the ability to pay for only the space you use. Shared offices can be an effective way of conducting your business at a much lower cost without compromising on what you need. Relocating also allows you to renegotiate a leasing agreement that is more flexible and less risky, such as a short-term lease.
Gives your business a more professional look - many small business owners start off in very basic premises. A new office space signals to clients that your company is growing.
Equipment upgrades - moving into a serviced office can often be the solution to upgrading your dated IT systems and furniture. Newer infrastructure is already in place so your company doesn't have to pay the price for having the best equipment.
Reinvigorates staff - a fresh start in an organised and practical office space motivates employees and therefore increases productivity.
The task of corporate relocation is overwhelming, more than residential relocations. Here are some tips to make your office moving a smoother activity.
- Be as time-efficient and as cost-efficient as possible. Moving an office means loss of valuable working hours. Minimize it by being efficient at every front.
- If you would hire corporate relocation services, do it as early as possible. Professional movers are, any way, essential for moving large offices if a company wants to save valuable hours of its employees. Its good to hire them before at least 5-6 weeks ahead of moving date so that they may plan well for the move.
- Planning is the mantra when you talk of effective performance. Plan out everything, create a floor plan. map out furniture and equipment placement scheme, decide about where the employees will be stationed at the new office and the like. A little more hard work here will save you a considerable amount of time, money and headaches in the long run.
- Inform everyone- employees, landlords, and movers, about every detail of the relocation process. Tell the hired office mover about where each piece of furniture needs to be placed.
- Ensure that you depute at least one person to be in contact with the movers and direct them according to the company needs. This person should be well versed about the requirements and must have approval about the new office layout. Changing the layout of the office later is not viable and not at all cost efficient.
- Ensure that each piece that needs to be moved carries color-coded packing labels. These labels should be placed prominently on the packed office goods so that movers know exactly where they have to be moved.
- Dispose of as much garbage as possible. If yours is a large company, you might need to have permission from responsible authorities about disposing off waste. Initiate the process early so that it completes before packing starts.
- Make sure that all the facilities at the new office are installed before moving. This will save wastage of time and work could be started as soon as employees move to the new office. Check Internet connection, working phones and fax, restrooms etc.
- Change your company stationery and business cards well in time. Place the new address and phone number, and circulate the information everywhere through every means. Mail them to your employees and clients. You would definitely not like to lose any of your customers just because you have changed your office address!
- For rented items, clarify whether you need to contact your supplier. There may be contractual obligations requiring the rented equipment be moved only by the owner company.
- Book the services of freight elevators, if any- both in old and new building. This ensures a rapid move.