Part of the nature of businesses is change. Whether this is growth and expansion, or saving on costs, at some point in your journey through business you will need to think about relocating to a new office. No matter what reason for relocation is, the end product of actually relocating is always guaranteed. Figuring out where to begin with a task like relocation can be daunting, but with a bit of preparation you can turn your dreams into a reality. This guide is designed to help you get the ball rolling.
Moving to a new office can present a huge benefit to a company, motivating employees, exploring new business avenues, saving money and demonstrating growth. However, it can be a stressful experience without careful planning, so it is vital to explore the following points.
1. Why are you moving?
Firstly, you should consider whether office space relocation is really the most cost-effective measure you can take. A relocation can be difficult and a logistical nightmare without careful planning, so it is vital that you are sure that it is the right thing to do.
If you are upsizing, is the office still suitable for your company, and will it be beneficial. If you are downsizing, are you ensuring that you save the most money with carefully considered choices.
2. Where are you moving to?
Many companies across Palm Beach will move to a bigger city to boost their growth, but many misunderstand the difference in economic climate and competition there. Is the new location suitable for business growth?
Before a move, it is important to check out the area for customer-base, as well as competitors in the area. Transport is also vital to consider for the benefit of the employees.
3. Who is leasing it to you?
Whilst the vast majority of office leasing companies are trustworthy and will ensure to give you the best deal, it is useful to research these firms beforehand, as well as consult with others to ensure that you get the best deal for your money.
4. IT & Services removal
Internet and telecommunication is vital for almost all companies, so it is important to organise the arrangements in the new office. Consult a removal company to see if it is possible to keep the same telephone number when moving offices, and ensure to set up all internet a few weeks beforehand, as it can often take a short time to install and optimise.
5. Notifying change of address
Set up a system to redirect sent mail from the old address to the new office. Send out e-mails to all contacts and ensure that all are aware of the planned move, as well as appropriate dates. If (as happened to another company) you are moving to a Palm Beach office space, the last thing you want is all of your mail, furniture and hardware delivered to your old premises.
6. Time for relocation
You should plan for office relocation at least 6 months before the move (obviously this can vary depending on the size and location of the company) to ensure that you have more than enough time to address any issues and optimise your move.
If you require extra time, but are reaching the end of your current lease, you could move into temporary office space, so that you can continue business at your own pace but still continue with your planned move.
7. Company future
It is important to look at the length of your new lease and how this will affect your projections for growth, particularly if you are hiring new staff or creating new departments. Choose an appropriate lease term and always think about the future.
8. The small things
The smallest detail can become a headache in office relocation – ensure that you view the office and address every noticeable issue as soon as possible. Check the décor, the wallpaper and furnishings for any potential problems. It doesn’t hurt to be a perfectionist when you are relocating offices.
For more information on our Office Relocation Services Palm Beach
- Where Do You Find The Best Rate Movers Palm Beach
- What Do Professional Movers Cost Lake Park
- How Much Does A Moving Service Cost West Palm Beach
- What Do Professional Movers Cost Atlantis
- Furniture Removal What Do Moving Companies Cost Lake Worth
- How Much Does A Moving Service Cost Belle Glade
- What Are The Best Moving Company Prices Lantana
- Office Relocation – Use A Commercial Moving Services Boca Raton
- Professional Moving Services For Office Relocation Loxahatchee
- What Are The Best Moving Company Prices Boynton Beach
- What Are The Best Moving Company Prices Magnolia Park
- How To Survive An Office Relocation Briny Breezes
- Office Moving Service – How To Find The Best One Palm Beach Gardens
- Office Relocation – Use A Commercial Moving Services Cloud Lake
- How To Survive An Office Relocation Palm Beach Shores
- Professional Moving Services For Office Relocation Delray Beach
- Furniture Removal What Do Moving Companies Cost Palm Springs
- How Much Does A Moving Service Cost Glen Ridge
- How To Survive An Office Relocation Riviera Beach
- Who Is The Best Moving Company Green Acres
- For Office Relocation How Much Is A Moving Company Royal Palm Beach
- Where Do You Find The Best Rate Movers Gulf Stream
- How Can You Tell The Reputable Moving Companies South Bay
- Professional Moving Services For Office Relocation Haverhill
- How Much Does A Moving Company Cost South Palm Beach
- For Office Relocation How Much Is A Moving Company Hypoluxo
- Who Is The Best Moving Company Tequesta
- How Much Does A Moving Service Cost Juno Beach
- Office Moving Service – How To Find The Best One Wellington
- Who Is The Best Moving Company Jupiter
- Who Has The Best Moving Service Westlake
- What Are The Best Moving Company Prices Lake Clarke Shores
The task of corporate relocation is overwhelming, more than residential relocations. Here are some tips to make your office moving a smoother activity.
- Be as time-efficient and as cost-efficient as possible. Moving an office means loss of valuable working hours. Minimize it by being efficient at every front.
- If you would hire corporate relocation services, do it as early as possible. Professional movers are, any way, essential for moving large offices if a company wants to save valuable hours of its employees. Its good to hire them before at least 5-6 weeks ahead of moving date so that they may plan well for the move.
- Planning is the mantra when you talk of effective performance. Plan out everything, create a floor plan. map out furniture and equipment placement scheme, decide about where the employees will be stationed at the new office and the like. A little more hard work here will save you a considerable amount of time, money and headaches in the long run.
- Inform everyone- employees, landlords, and movers, about every detail of the relocation process. Tell the hired office mover about where each piece of furniture needs to be placed.
- Ensure that you depute at least one person to be in contact with the movers and direct them according to the company needs. This person should be well versed about the requirements and must have approval about the new office layout. Changing the layout of the office later is not viable and not at all cost efficient.
- Ensure that each piece that needs to be moved carries color-coded packing labels. These labels should be placed prominently on the packed office goods so that movers know exactly where they have to be moved.
- Dispose of as much garbage as possible. If yours is a large company, you might need to have permission from responsible authorities about disposing off waste. Initiate the process early so that it completes before packing starts.
- Make sure that all the facilities at the new office are installed before moving. This will save wastage of time and work could be started as soon as employees move to the new office. Check Internet connection, working phones and fax, restrooms etc.
- Change your company stationery and business cards well in time. Place the new address and phone number, and circulate the information everywhere through every means. Mail them to your employees and clients. You would definitely not like to lose any of your customers just because you have changed your office address!
- For rented items, clarify whether you need to contact your supplier. There may be contractual obligations requiring the rented equipment be moved only by the owner company.
- Book the services of freight elevators, if any- both in old and new building. This ensures a rapid move.
Commercial Moving CompaniesOne of the major problems of a growing business is the need for expansion or even relocation. The company would be faced on opening up a new branch, remodeling the present office, and relocating to a bigger office space. When a business to be suddenly interrupted by office relocation, management tends to panic due to disorganization. For efficient office relocation, the company needs advanced planning for a smooth moving experience. 1. Hire An Expert To survive the mess office relocation brings to the working environment, the company should think about hiring an office relocation experts that could analyze the company's resettlement for the employees so management to focus on their own work. By doing so, the company could save a lot of time and money with a much smoother transition to the relocated office. With your company's relocation team along with the office relocation service team, the budget and planning would be a series of brainstorming sessions. Organized as most relocation teams are, they would supply your company with a detailed documentation. - Relocation plans - Infrastructure needed - Equipment needed - Shipment of old office appliances - Quotation for entire procedure 2. Planning Is Key These services have highly trained staff members which studies the company's profile and its need for the new environment. The office relocation specialists plan ahead of time to provide a strategic facility location and set up lease negotiations to find your company the perfect location for the new office. These people would be the one to handle the design and lay-outs of walls, carpeting, ceilings, location of comfort rooms and other rooms. They would lead in the implementation of all the necessary equipments needed for the company's business. They are the people who would develop and execute the office relocation. Give the specifications to your office relocation specialist. They would provide the location of your company's desired place, and they are the ones who would do the negotiations for lot owners. These office relocation services would handle all departure assistance. They would set up your recent office space for lease or purchase to a real estate agent for faster results. By negotiating with the office areas' worth, your company would be given the extra needed financial increase for expenses on the ongoing office relocation. 3. Shipping Cargo Negotiations with the top companies of shipping and cargo would be the office relocation team. They would set up an appointment for the relocation date and time. Office relocation services would provide your company the advantage of comfort because every little detail of your office relocation would be their job. They would monitor the pick up of all office supplies and make sure that the deliveries of these supplies and appliances arrive on schedule. They would also set up electrical wires, telecommunications needed, air-conditioning, the arrangements of office equipments and furniture of your desire, and positioning of systems furniture. There are also special relocation teams which manage information technology updates and set ups which could help your company adapt a healthier environment with new facilities. They could handle all of the technical side of your company's business move. 4. Less Disruption Means Avoiding Loss Of Profits These office relocation services provide the company a less disruptive environment during the process of relocation. They are experts who have been in the relocating business for years and help the company to get the system up fast and the office up and running. These relocation services provide a great deal of service to your company's comfort. From the designs of your company's walls and ceiling, to the pipelines of the office bath rooms, to the networks of the company's information technology, to the office appliances needed, with your go signal, they will be there to make all the dealings. With an understanding of your company's needs, they would assist you in legal documents for lease, business permits and construction permits. Plus, they would provide for you the contacts and they would negotiate with them if top materials and equipments the office is necessary. With this in mind, you will be the boss on your own office relocation. You would tell the experts on what you have in mind, and they will execute it as fast and as undisruptive as possible. With a low cost for this office relocation service, what more can you ask for?
For information on the other areas we cover with our Commercial Relocation Services