Almost everyone hates moving. There is packing, renovation of the new space and invariably lost data, misplaced paperwork, and invariably it’s just a headache for the entire staff. Unless of course one uses a really great office relocation service Wellington which specializes in just such occasions. An office relocations team can refurbish the new space, customize every detail to your specifications and create a space perfect for your staff and management. They can plan work areas to utilize the new space to it’s fullest potential while creating just the right atmosphere for guests and clients. Visitors to your new location will be wowed, by the design, and marvel at the efficiency of the new location. Staff will be relieved because of the ease of this relocation.
Office Relocation Checklist
Even if you are using a service for office relocations there are a few things which should be on the checklist for management and staff. First have your attorney check the lease for your new Wellington office. After that the main concern is data. All workstation and server data must be backed up adequately before the move. Make sure that hard copy files are carefully moved and refilled correctly in the new location. The second concern is personal property.
Make sure that all employees remove their personal items from their desks and work areas and that small office supplies and company property is removed from the location. Other than that, the relocation service will handle the rest. They may ask for an opinion on color schemes and materials, but they will do all the work, leaving staff and management free to continue their business efforts without disruption.
Locating The Right Office Relocation Company For You
Are you a business owner and thinking about shifting your office? If yes, then to ensure that the corporate relocation process gets carried out hassle-free, you should use the services of a reliable Business Relocation Services. By using a commercial relocation service, you can save your time and money, reduces stress, and minimize the mistakes in the office relocation process. This way, you can make the process painless. Such service provider can help lighten the burden of relocation and make sure that your business will not suffer because of the change in location.
As the demand for corporate relocation services has been increasing widely, there are a huge number of companies offering such services. A good service provider will be able to handle the entire relocation process professionally, without making any stress for you. If you are thinking about hiring a company, then there are a few things that you should consider, such as-
It is important that the company you are choosing has been offering the relocation services for many years, so that it can ensure about helping you in your relocating process professionally, and without creating any hassles for you. An experienced company will be able to handle everything regarding such process perfectly.
Reputation of a the relocation service provider is another important consideration that you should not forget to make when planning to use their relocation services. A well-reputed company means exceptional services and numerous satisfied clients.
Different companies provide their services at different prices. Therefore, it is suggested to compare the pricing of different service provider available in the market providing the similar services. This way, you can easily locate a company that can help you with top-notch services at the most affordable rates.
Checking the background of the company you are considering is also suggested since you may find many service providers out there that are new to the industry, but are capable of providing better services than the seasoned ones.
By keeping the above mentioned points in mind, you can begin searching for a reliable Office Relocation Company. The good thing is that there are many companies available in the market as well as online that can help you with one such service. You can go for a simple search on the internet and can locate the right company for relocating your office to somewhere else safely.
The task of running a business office is regarded by many to be an overwhelming task. But have you ever thought how much more daunting it would be to get involved in office relocation management? Good thing there are services available to give a hand with office transfer chores. This article talks about the most important points to consider when picking the right office relocation management company.
1. Deal only with a licensed and certified firm. Just like with your other business dealings, you should ensure that your relocation company of choice is duly licensed in the operation of its business. The license should be valid not only where you're hiring the company but also for your office's relocation destination. It's also a good thing to go with an office relocation management firm that has DOT certification so that your property enjoys protection during the haul.
2. Look into the staffing and hiring policies of your prospective office relocation services group. Since the safety and security of your property are crucial, this is another important aspect to scrutinize when getting assistance with office transfer. Keep in mind that a company's hiring policies say a great deal about the quality of personnel who will be in charge of handling your office possessions, and how their performance is administered.
3. Check the availability and condition of equipment. You have to determine if the office relocation services company's tools are sufficient and fit for use especially for those key stages of your office move. Proper office relocation management means having access to all necessary equipment, as well as having backup and contingency measures handy in the event of emergency situations such as theft or mechanical failure.
4. Ensure your office property's protection with insurance coverage. Even the best mapped out plans can run into unforeseen snags, so you want to have a blanket of protection to cover your possessions in case something goes wrong. Getting the services of a fully insured firm should give you the security you need in this regard.
5. Reliable tracking of your relocation project's status. Being able to get updated information on how your office transfer project is going creates a sense of confidence about the whole affair. With communication features as cellular devices, satellite and GPS tracking now becoming standard in the industry, you can rest assured to always get up to the minute status of the movement of your property.
6. Look into the company's performance track record. This consideration should set your prospective company apart from its competitors. Experts in the industry normally keep a record of their performance which they use to showcase how reliable they are in getting their job done, so they should be able to instantly provide such proof upon your request.
7. Research on reputation. Office relocation management competence may be gauged by the kind of reputation that a company has established throughout its existence. There are plenty of references online where you can check how your potential pick has done business in the past. These include business social media sites that carry testimonials from past customers. Top companies will usually have a roster of business contacts from earlier periods, and you can always ask to have a look at this for reference.
8. Commitment to customer service. Any company that takes to heart its promise of genuinely serving customers will always be proud to highlight its customer service policies. This signifies serious commitment to establishing a relationship based on assurance and trust.
Choosing the perfect company to give you a hand with your office transfer is a key element in exercising good office relocation management. It is not just about getting the job done, but more importantly, it is a manifestation of your competence in decision making. The points outlined above should serve you well in ensuring that you make the right choice and enjoy the fruits of a successful office relocation project.
Where do you start?
It's a daunting task even thinking about relocating an office. We all wish there could be a magic button that just makes it all happen, but in reality it takes considerable planning and ongoing management to ensure a successful outcome. Not many offices are prepared to go through the upheaval on a regular basis, so this is probably the first time you ever had to manage such a project. It will involve more than just booking an office removal business and making a start by booking a skip for all the unwanted files and broken chairs cluttering up the office corners.
Start with remembering the reasons you are moving and keep these in the forefront of you mind at every step of the process. If you're moving to larger offices due to company expansion, then that is a wonderful position to be in, but with it comes a set of specific challenges, a lot of which is forecasting the unknown. If you're downsizing due to a change in company fortunes, then this should also be seen as a positive. What you are doing will help the company stabilise and this is your opportunity to review business practices and make some real changes that will help productivity and overall efficiency. Perhaps your company is remaining the same size but has decided not to renew the lease on it's current location and needs to find a new home or has decided to cove closer to your customer base? Again, this should be seen as an opportunity to make changes for the better.
Outline your goals. Use planning methods such as the SWOT analysis to help determine how you can make positive changes to the business in the new offices. Gather as much information as possible about the reason for the move. Don't be afraid to ask directors about why they wish to relocate the business. The more information you have, the better you will be placed to help them achieve their goals.
Research and appoint an office relocation company as soon as possible. They will have a wealth of information which you can draw upon. After all, this is not something you or you business does every year, but an office relocation company with have undertaken hundreds of similar projects and will be able to guide you when looking for new premises. Choose wisely. Some office relocation companies specialise in removals but lack the necessary knowledge of how an office will best operate. Find a company that also specialises in office interior design. They will have an understanding of how you need to plan your space and be able to make constructive and important suggestions and help guide you in your decisions. The last thing you will need is six months down the line someone pointing out a fundamental oversight.
Once you have all the information, document it and this will provide a good basis to move forward.
Find your new home
There are numerous ways to find a new office. Get as much help as possible from chartered surveyors, estate agents and property management companies. They will be best place to know what properties are available and which would be suitable. Communicate with them your goals and go along to see as many properties as possible to get a feel for what is out there. Once you have found you property, find out immediately the required date to be into the new office and when the lease will start. This is also a good time to employ the services of a chartered surveyor to make an inventory of the new offices to ensure any future schedule of dilapidation works are understood by all parties. Also, don't be afraid to demand improvements from your prospective new landlord. If something needs updating, then find out how and when they will go about it.
Planning your move
Your move will be planned around some key dates. When are you due out of your existing offices? When is the lease due and what time do you have to give to your dilapidation schedule?
When is your target date for relocating into the new premises? Your office relocation company will want to be in the new building as soon as possible to start work.
Discuss with your office relocation company all the additional office move issues that will require consideration. They will have a comprehensive list of considerations, such as telecommunications, IT, local authority planning, accessibility etc. All these will need budgeting for.
How are you communicating the office relocation to the business and it's employees. Remember, change can make people nervous and they will feel at ease if they feel part of the design making and kept informed of progress, timings and the overall goals.
It is a good idea to make sure all parties involved going forward, yourself and your team, the company directors and the office relocation company commit to regular meetings ensuring your office relocation budget is sufficient to achieve your goals and that everyone is on the same page.
Now comes one of the more exciting parts of the office relocation. Your office relocation company will help you plan your office space to make best use of the footprint. Good companies will make a comprehensive set of 3D plans based on your suggestions and their previous knowledge of similar successful projects. Modern computer aided design tools allow the office relocation companies to quickly change plans and experiment on the fly. One you and you office relocation company are in agreement, then these plans can be used to report back to the company directors and the business employees. Don't forget to involve everyone, but make sure you remain in control. Maybe set up a 'War Room' where the plans are displayed and set up a consultation meeting and invite comments. These comments can be very constructive as members of other teams will be able to highlight potential issues going forward.
The big day
Arrange a date for the physical move to be undertaken. Communicate this with everyone in the company as soon as possible so they have the opportunity to plan ongoing projects accordingly. Task other members of the company with specific things to do running up to the move and on the day itself. This not openly helps take some of the burden off you and your team, but also helps empower them and get them positively involved.
Your office relocation company will help with all other considerations as well as making sure you complete all necessary paperwork such as renewing all the service agreements. They will also help you with any storage arrangements needed during the move and the disposal of unwanted items prior to your move.
Its is also a good idea to keep a record of the move for future reference. By an office digital camera and task a junior within the office to document the move. This will also help you reflect of the project at a future date.
All that is left is for you to enjoy your new office and see you company flourish in the new surroundings. Good luck!